Technology Store for Departments open house
Information Services and Technology (IST) invites all Berkeley campus faculty and staff to attend an open house event to kick off the opening of The Scholar's Workstation's Technology Store for Departments, the new walk-in store that supplements the online services offered by TSW at http://tsw.berkeley.edu/.
Monday through Friday, March 2-6, 2009, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Technology Store for Departments
156 Martin Luther King Junior Student Union, campus
At the open house, there will be
- representatives on hand from the campus's leading computer technology providers: Apple, Dell, HP, Sony, and Toshiba;
- computer systems available for demonstration;
- inventory available for purchase (Purchase Orders accepted with authorized signatures);
- light refreshments;
- a raffle for two, 1GB iPod Shuffles (valued at $49 each) — the drawing will be conducted on the last day of the open house.
About the Technology Store for Departments
The Scholar's Workstation recently underwent a major change in business, the first segment of which involved the establishment of a new on-campus store for individuals, located within the Cal Student Stores in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union. For more information, visit http://thescholarsworkstation.com/.
We are pleased to announce the second segment of the transition: the opening of the Technology Store for Departments, a new walk-in store for campus departments, also located in the campus's Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union. At the new store, store staff will provide demonstrations, consultations, and price quotes; place orders; sell in-stock items; and assist customers with online ordering at tsw.berkeley.edu.
Campus benefits of the Technology Store for Departments:
- An on-campus location to try, test, and learn more about computer-related equipment.
- A place to get help with making informed decisions when ordering computer systems.
- A place for TSW's manufacturer partners to meet with departmental customers and provide additional in-depth, targeted, technical details about their products.
- A convenient on-campus pickup location for items such as laptops, desktop systems, hard drives, memory, specialized software licenses, and toner cartridges.
- Orders placed via tsw.berkeley.edu may be picked up at this new location or delivered to department addresses.
- A pickup/drop-off location for computer-related hardware repair (coming soon).
For more information, contact April Roy,